Tuesday, February 14, 2012

So bummed.

well...I sprained a tendon in my foot. Really badly. It started hurting Saturday morning..and I thought I just sprained it..and still went to the gym Saturday and Sunday and just did upper body weights and crunches. On Monday morning the pain woke me up at 6am and I was crying! I couldn't even walk on it, it had gotten so much worse. I'm pretty tough and can be stubborn so I was really disappointed in not being able to do things myself. I went to my podiatrist and they took x-rays and the tendon on the top middle of my foot is sprained which effects all the other tendons and such in my foot causing a LOT of pain! He gave me a cortisone shot and some prescriptions and orders to NOT exercise until next week..and even then I can only do a little, like 10 min on the bike. :(

I am really watching what I eat this week due to the fact I won't be burning as many calories. I am going to try and not let this get me down and use this time to rest and relax. I think God was giving me a sign that I need to not go so hard and take the time to just be still. This is definitely a learning experience and I'm going to be more cautious when exercising :)

No comments:

Post a Comment